Personal website of Christian Gold, PhD
- Research Professor, NORCE Norwegian Research Centre AS, Bergen, Norway.
- Professor II, Grieg Academy Department of Music, University of Bergen, Norway.
- Adjunct Professor, Faculty of Humanities, Aalborg University, Denmark.
- Professorial Research Fellow, Faculty of Psychology, University of Vienna, Austria.
- Editor of the Cochrane Developmental, Psychosocial and Learning Problems Group.
- My main research interests include outcome research (clinical trials and meta-analyses), their methodology and application in music therapy in mental health. I am also interested in research connecting process and outcome.
Postal address: NORCE Norwegian Research Centre AS, Postboks 22 Nygårdstangen, 5838 Bergen, Norway
Street address: GAMUT, NORCE Norwegian Research Centre AS, Lars Hilles gate 3, 5015 Bergen, Norway. Phone: +47-97501757
Vienna office: Department of Clinical and Health Psychology, University of Vienna, Liebiggasse 5, 1010 Vienna, Austria. Phone: +43-699-11240657
Email: chgo at norceresearch dot no. Skype: firstname dot lastname
- M4A: Music for Autism: Binational trial of music versus play to improve communication, participation, mental health and brain connectivity in children on the autistic spectrum (NCT04936048)
- ALMUTH: ALzheimer and MUsic THerapy: Effects of Music Lessons on Brain Plasticity, Mood, and Quality of Life in Alzheimer Patients (NCT03444181)
- LongSTEP: Longitudinal study of music therapy's effectiveness for premature infants and their caregivers (NCT03564184)
- MIDDEL: Music interventions for dementia and depression in elderly care home residents (NCT03496675)
Links to various resources:
- No Pain No Gain: Internal Mechanisms of Integrative, Improvisational Music Therapy in the Treatment of Depression (ISRCTN11618310)
- Shared Moments: The quality of the relationship as outcome predictor in music therapy with children with autism spectrum disorder (based on ISRCTN11618310)
- TIME-A: Trial of Improvisational Music therapy's Effectiveness for Autism (ISRCTN11618310)
- HUMS Trial: RCT and scale development study of music therapy for adolescents in schools (with the University of Melbourne, funded by the Australian Research Council; ISRCTN31608830)
- RCT-MTPSY: Multicentre RCT on music therapy for psychiatric patients with low therapy motivation
- MT-PRIS: RCT on music therapy for prison inmates
- MT-DEPR: RCT on music therapy for depression (with the University of Jyväskylä, Finland, as part of the EU FP6 project BrainTuning)
- Systematic reviews and meta-analyses of music therapy in mental health
Last updated: 30 September 2020